Sunday, November 11, 2012

Father/Daughter/Facebook

Last year when I won a pageant my father posted a status about it, I was reluctant when he posted it and almost asked him to take it down. I now realize that I was being very rash and not to mention he is allowed to post whatever he wants on his facebook. Have your parents ever posted a status about you before? Have you gone as far as to unfriend them? My little sister has. She unfriended my dad on Facebook for jus that reason. When he found this out he was extrmely hurt. Why is it that we want freedom on these social networking sites and would go to such lengths to keep our parents away from it?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not friends with my parents on facebook and neither one of them have an account, but mainly because I'm worried about what other people write on my page and how my parents will take it. I don't want to have to be super paranoid about every little thing my friends say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never unfriend my parents, but I did block them so they could not see anything I posted. That was only as a last resort because my parents do not have similar views as me and would constantly nag me about what I had said. I do send messages to my family and family friends thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most young adults look as Facebook as more of a social site for their peers, not their family. It's a way to 'get away from it all' without 'getting away from it all.' You can be rebellious, ridiculous, and silly on Facebook, but still be that obedient, quiet child at home. Having a parent as a 'friend' on Facebook takes away that freedom... and that's where Tumblr comes into play :p

    ReplyDelete