Thursday, November 8, 2012

Social Networking with the FAM!

Many people of all ages have now entered the world of social networking, connecting them with friends and family members all across the globe.  Many adults have now joined Facebook, social networking site that has grown immensely over time and now attracts the older generation as well as the younger generation.  Many adults have now gotten Facebooks and are connected with long lost friends. This also connects them with their children, many children are friends with their family on Facebook, and some are not friends with their parents on Facebook. Now because of microblogging sites such as, Twitter, children tend to more frequently friend their parents on Facebook and not Twitter. Twitter is a site used for updating, everyone on what you are doing, how you are feeling, or complaining about that class you skipped which your parents would not be be too thrilled to hear about. Facebook when related towards family is more for showing photos from an event you have attended or updating everyone on big moments in your life.

5 comments:

  1. Like your first post! Do you plan on talking about some famous cases of "internet parents" like the laptop-shooting dad? That would be quite hilarious, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use social networking, but your blog description is hard to read and should be a darker color against the light pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to read but I get the point. Love the colors! and yeah I think the whole family usage of social networks is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give my parents and extended family access to my social network profile, despite the fact that the content on it is not intended for nor is it necessarily appropriate for them. Its easier to disclose information than it is to hide it. Maybe the issue lies in social dynamics, not digital ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the most part I personally dont have information to hide from my family on social networking sites. If I don't want my family to know something, what makes you think ill be comfortable letting everyone else knowing about it?

    ReplyDelete